Friday, May 4, 2018

Ten Tips for Being More Truthful

Barbara A. Lewis

Wife, mother, religious worker, national award-winning author and educator  



The Ten Tips

1.Make a commitment to tell the truth.
2.Tell someone about your commitment.
3.Think before you give a dishonest answer, explanation, sarcasm, or reason.
4.Be careful of when and how you use exaggeration, sarcasm, or irony.
5.Be careful not to twist the truth or leave out part of it.
6.Don't indulge in little white lies.
7.Watch out for silent lies.
8.When you catch yourself lying, throw your mouth into reverse.
9.Talk to yourself.
10.Treat yourself when you tell the truth.

The ten tips for being more truthful tell you how you shouldn't lie and to always be honest with yourself and everyone around you. These tips will benefit me because I can and I will elaborate them into my life. I'm going to try taking small steps each day and use one of the tips. Another way it will benefit me is because I will have a clear mind and conscience since I will be truthful to everyone. The tips I'm using now are being careful when and how to use exaggeration, watch our for silent lies, treat yourself when telling the truth and lastly telling someone about your commitment. The difference it's making in my life is that I don't have to feel ashamed of my self,stay happy , and I'm able to focus without having to worry. I will incorporate the other tips into my life planning goals by writing them down and reading them each day to remind myself how much I want to achieve the goal. Its hard to trust someone now because everyone likes to lie and get away with things. This just makes society look bad and ugly. Being truthful is another key to becoming successful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Class Evaluation

1. Some things I liked about the class was the Khan academy lessons and also how we got to use Scratch. It was very fun and we also learned ...